Renewables & Energy Efficiency
Solar photovoltaic systems have a lifetime of 20 to 25 years. They generate significant long-term electricity savings and greenhouse gas emission reductions.
We offer comprehensive stand-alone solar feasibility reports and solar quote comparisons to ensure that you are well equipped regarding solar.
Solar gives you certainty. Onsite generation reduces your exposure to factors like volatile market conditions and rising network charges. And it has never been more affordable with $0 upfront. No capex required.
There has been a global shift in business thinking and practice regarding renewables. Environment, social and governance challenges are key priorities for government and big corporates. Investors are increasingly divesting from fossil fuels and reinvesting in clean renewable energy as well.
Rebates Renewable Energy Certificates (REC)
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
The Small-Scale Renewable Energy Scheme (SRES) covers renewable energy innovations like solar water heaters (SWHs) and small generation units (SGUs), for example, photovoltaic (PV) panels, wind and hydro systems (less than 100kWs).
- STC’s can be claimed as an upfront rebate for SOLAR PV installations.
- You receive one STC for each MWh generated over a 15-year period.
- STC’s can be sold as a tradeable commodity through the clearinghouse operated by the clean energy regulator or assigned as a point of sale discount if you elect to sign over the certificates to a solar provider.
- Most companies elect to assign them to the installer or solar provider
Large-scale Generation Certificates (LGCs)
- Awarded to Clean Energy Regulator accredited businesses for installation of solar systems of 100kW or greater. The company must apply to be an accredited powerstation.
- One LGC is received for each MWh generated above the sites baseline each calendar year. This can be claimed monthly or annually by the company, but not traded through the clearing house.
- An important difference between STCs and LGCs is that LGCs are produced on an ongoing basis after the system is accredited, installed, and producing power. As with STCs, an LGC is a tradable unit. It acts as a currency for renewable energy, and prices therefore fluctuate with supply and demand.
Solar Feasibility Report
Installation of a solar system is worth investigating if you’re looking to reduce energy costs.and the carbon footprint of your business.
T&O Consulting’s Solar Feasibility Report provides detailed analysis to determine whether there is a business case for investment in a solar system. The report provides indepth analysis of:
- Current electricity rates and demand profile.
- Location and roof suitability.
- System sizing, solar generation curve and annual yield.
- Solar market, providers, and technology explained.
- Capital costs of a solar system, including a comprehensive breakdown of payback period and longterm electricity and cost savings.
- Finance options, including leasing and power purchase agreements (PPA).
With business case approval, T&O also offer a Solar Tender service to assist in Solar System purchasing.
With a minefield of solar offers financing terms, products, performance, quality, reliability, service and warranty terms available, it is important to make the right decision when selecting a solar system.
T&O have expert solar consultants who will assess quotations on a solar solution that is designed to meet your business needs so that you can make an informed decision.
T&O Consulting offers wholly independent advice and objective analysis with recommendations on Solar System options. This also includes finance options ROI.
Energy Efficiency means reducing energy use while continuing activity. For example, modern LED lighting is able to produce the same or better lux levels while consuming less energy and retrofitting motors can prevent energy loss.
There are often state based grants and funding for energy efficiency projects. T&O’s auditors can offer advice on any available grant funding.
T&O work with qualified energy auditors that can provide both Level 2 and Level 3 audits that adhere to Australian standards.